AMBER: metal atoms in Xleap

From: Atilio Anzellotti <aanzellotti.mail2.vcu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:05:23 -0300

Dear sir(s),

  I am trying to model some DNA-transition metal interactions, but
xleap is not recognizing the metal atom. So far I have chosen
leaprc.gaff as a source and I used the command: mods = loadamberparams
frcmod.xxx, to load a valid force field for the metal ion. But when I
select the complex, xleap cannot assign the atom type nor the charge
to the metal.

  I will appreciate your help on this regard, and also all the
information regarding working with metal ions in Amber that you can
provide me.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Atilio Anzellotti.