AMBER: residue database

From: Lihua Wang <lhw.broyde.nyu.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:55:59 -0400

Hi all,

I am little bit confused by the parameters in the residue database. Let's
say for parameters of dG (DG in allnuc_94.in):

Atom N1 is of type NA and atom C8 is of type CK.

In parm99.dat, NA refers to "sp2 N in 5 memb. ring w/H atoms (HIS)", and
CK refers to "sp2 C 5 memb. ring in purines".

However, parm99.dat describes NC as "sp2 N in 6 memb. ring w/LP (ADE,GUA)"
and CQ as "sp2 C in 5 memb. ring of purines between 2 N".

Isn't NC a more appropriate type for N1 of DG and CQ for C8 of DG?
Since N1 is a sp2 N in 6 memb. ring. And CQ explicitly denotes sp2 C in 5
memb. ring of PURINES between 2 N

I would appreciate it if someone could kindly clarify this for me.

Cheers,

Lihua