Re: AMBER: Amber 8 Installation - C compiler?

From: Do Anh Tuan <datuan.hcmuns.edu.vn>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:28:37 +0700

Please download Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for Linux (Ver. 8.0) and set the
path to gcc before compiling.
Good luck!
Tuan

At 05:51 PM 8/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I installed amber8 on Linux using the free intel fortran compiler, during
>the installation step "make serial", I got the following error:
>
><unimportant stuff deleted>
>gcc -c -02 -o mmtsb_client.o mmtsh_client.c
>make[1]: gcc: Command not found
>make[1]: *** [mmtsb_client.o] Error 127
>make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/amber8/src/sander'
>make: ***[serial] Error 2
>
>Does this mean that I need a C compiler in addition to a fortran compiler
>in order to install amber8? All the fortran files compiled during this
>trial.
>
>I also got "gcc: Command not found" when I ran "make -i serial."
>
>Thanks, --Hang

Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology - Collaborative Bioinformatics Lab.
University of Natural Sciences
Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh City
227 Nguyen Van Cu St., Dist. 5, HCM City, Vietnam