Re: AMBER: problems with mpich

From: Viktor Hornak <hornak.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:00:15 -0400

Dear Chen,

you might want to have a look at:
http://amber.scripps.edu/cluster_info/index.html#compile_a8
which details the configuration of MPICH and amber8 for compiling on
linux clusters.
Basically, extracting as much as I can from your e-mails, you should
only need to do something
like:

export AMBERHOME=/nfs/s1r1p2/xinchen/amber8
cd $AMBERHOME/src
export MPICH_HOME=/usr/local/mpich/1.2.5..12
(MPICH_HOME should point to the 'root' of MPICH installation, i.e. subdirectories such as bin/, lib/ etc. are expected to be found where it points)
../configure -mpich ifort
make clean
make parallel
etc.

Are you sure you're using MPICH libraries? It looks (from your path to MPI) like you might be using myrinet. In that case you need to consult your system administrator to see what's the correct setup for MPI libraries.

Cheers,
-Viktor