Re: AMBER: A problem for compiling amber8 parallel version

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:08:43 -0700

On Tue, May 25, 2004, Chen Yongzhi wrote:

> I met a problem when I want to install a parallel version of amber8 on a
> supercomputer.

> ld: cannot find -lmpi

When you use the "-mpi" configure switch, the Makefile assumes that the loader
knows where to find the mpi libraries. Since this is not the case for you,
you will need to add something to the $LOADLIB variable in config.h to point
to the correct location. Depending on how familiar you are with your
supercomputer, you may need to ask help from the sys admins there.

....good luck...dac