AMBER: parallel installation problem

From: Oliver Hucke <ohucke.u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:40:17 -0700

Dear Amber users/developers,

a few days ago I posted a message about my problems with the
installation of parallel amber8 on a linux cluster (Fedora 1.0). I am
still struggling.
I am using the most recent versions of the intel compilers icc and
ifort. I successfully compiled amber8 serial with ifort.

My problem is that the installation of the fortran part of mpich does
not work:
Execution of the configure script for mpich (1.2.5.2) leads to the messages:

   checking that Fortran programs can link with needed C functions... no
   Warning: Fortran programs cannot be linked with the C libraries
   Fortran support being turned off

The environment variables for the c- and fortran compilers are set and
recognized by the configure script.

What might cause the problem with the linking of fortran programs with
the C libraries during mpich installation?

Any input is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Oliver

Oliver Hucke, Dr.
                               Health Sciences Building - K418C
University of Washington      1959 NE Pacific St.
Dept. of Biochemistry         phone: (206) 685 7046
Box 357742                    fax  : (206) 685 7002
Seattle, WA 98195-7742        email: ohucke.u.washington.edu