AMBER: ptraj bug?

From: Ian Withers <ianw.holmes.cancres.nottingham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:33:38 +0100

Dear Amber users,

I am attempting to use ptraj to perform PCA analysis, and in particular
to use the eigenvector matrix to create animations of the motion of
proteins projected onto each mode. The problem I have is that the output
file created by the analyze matrix command with the option "vecs 3*N"
upon a 3*N by 3*N covariance matrix (N is the number of atoms being
considered) only contains only 3*N-1 eigenvectors!
Is this a bug in the analyze matrix function of ptraj?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

--
Dr. Ian Withers                Tel: +44 (0)115 8468009
Centre for Biomolecular Science,