Re: AMBER: parametrizacion partial charges

From: FyD <fyd.u-picardie.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:37:02 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Gustavo,

> I am trying to reassign partial charges to a non-standar TRP. My
> model
> is ACE-TRP-NMA. Once I have the results I would change only the charges
> of the non-backbone atoms. I suppose that the group I want to change
> should have a total charge equal(but with opposite sign) that the rest
> of
> the TRP. What happend if this group that not satisfy this condition?
> What should I do to make this new aminoacid be neutral?

Highly similar questions (about neutral Arg) & answer can be found at:
http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200405/0145.html
http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200405/0146.html
http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200405/0147.html

See also:
Cieplak et al. J. Comput. Chem. 1995 16 1357-1377

And also:
http://amber.scripps.edu/Questions/mail/316.html
http://amber.scripps.edu/Questions/mail/317.html
http://amber.scripps.edu/Questions/mail/318.html
http://amber.scripps.edu/Questions/mail/319.html

Best regards, Francois

F.-Y. Dupradeau
 --
The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA
Faculte de Pharmacie, UPJV, Amiens, France