Re: AMBER: ptraj analyze matrix entropy

From: Marcin Krol <mykrol.cyf-kr.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 17:07:05 +0200 (METDST)

Dear Holger
Thank you for your answer

I still have a couple of questions:
1. I am using MM-PBSA to calculate free energy of binding and I want to
include entrophy in my calculations. The initial values in the examples
script perform the minimization of the structure, before nmode is run, to
DRMS=0.1. I found your e-mail at the amber forum that this is way too much
and should be changed to DRMS=0.0001 (at least). Then, I have to increase
MAXCYC as well. The problem is, I am not sure that I get 0.0001 gradient
at all using Conjugate-Gradient minimization method. I think, it would be
better to run mode twice after the minimization in sander: first to futher
minimize the structure in nmode using Newton-Raphson algorithm and then to
calculate normal modes. Is there an easy way to force mm_pbsa.pl to run
nmode twice (first for minimizaltion, then for normal modes)? Or maybe
this is not necessary and conjugate gradient will do its job (I am just
testing it and increades MAXCYC to 10000 and it looks like it is
oscillating)

Best wishes
marcin