Re: AMBER: recovering total force array

From: Dave S Walker <dswalker.darkwing.uoregon.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:29:13 -0800 (PST)

Carlos,
        My apologies for not catching that 35. I still don't know exactly
what all the components mean to the call statement (besides 'f' and
'forcetmp', which are described in parallel.f), but this was the most
recent form I used for mpi_allreduce which didn't work:

      call mpi_allreduce(F,ftmp,3*natom,MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION,
     + MPI_SUM,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)

Not knowing the size of ftmp I set it to have 3*natom elements (a guess,
along with 3*natom+40 which I tried once from looking at locmem.f). I
also have the call statement standing alone, which I thought would be okay
seeming as it adds all values from all nodes and sends the results out to
all nodes. I'm running AMBER7 (should have pointed that out earlier). Is
there a difference between MPI_COMM_WORLD and commsander that could cause
my problem? The latter isn't recognized upon compilation and I would only
try to make it as close to the former as possible if I kept it in! Thanks
again for your time.

dsw