Re: AMBER: PMEMD and myrinet trouble

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:16:36 -0500

Chris -
Thanks for tracking this down. I think the crucial difference between
sander and pmemd that caused the susceptibility is likely that pmemd makes a
lot more use of asynchronous i/o in mpi, thus enabling overlap of
computation and data communications. I did not pick up the fact that there
was a myrinet patch because by the time we were running ifc 7/7.1, we were
already running a later release of the myrinet software (or perhaps my
systems folks here just did it silently in the background).
Regards - Bob