Re: AMBER: EWALD BOMB?

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:44:51 -0800

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Ryan Ye wrote:

> I got the following error when running dynamics:
> * NB pairs 296 5399790 exceeds capacity
> ( 5400000) 0
> SIZE OF NONBOND LIST = 5400000
> EWALD BOMB in subroutine ewald_list
> Non bond list overflow!
> check MAXPR in sizes.h
> What does this mean and how can I fix it?

This seems to be an adequate error message:
it indicates the failure and suggests a correction.

This FAQ elaborates:
http://amber.scripps.edu/Questions/sizes.html

Surprisingly, googling

ewald bomb in subroutine ewald_list site:amber.ch.ic.ac.uk

does not find a good hit on the first page.
I'll add this exact error message to the FAQ.

Scott

PS

As the astute list followers have already realized, DAC is not minding
the store. Consequently, please read the manual, check the FAQ, and
search the archives before posting.

In case you have not read the List Info lately, please do so now:

Amber is a collection of molecular mechanical force fields for the simulation
of biomolecules and a package of molecular simulation programs - information at
http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/.

This list is a bulletin board and a forum for the usage and installation of
Amber. It is not a substitute for the manual. Before posting please read the
manual and consult the FAQ. The latter is most easily done by adding the
keyword "site:amber.scripps.edu" to your Google search.

You should also consult the entire archive of the Amber reflector. This
can be done by adding "site:amber.ch.ic.ac.uk" to your Google search
or by directly searching this archive http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/.

Several sites maintain platform-specific installation information:
IBM http://www.msi.umn.edu/~cpsosa/ChemApps/MolMech/amber/amber.html
Linux http://amber.scripps.edu/cluster_info/index.html
NEC http://amber.scripps.edu/nec/necinfo.html
SGI http://www.sgi.com/industries/sciences/chembio/resources/amber

When submitting questions or problem reports, please try to include enough
information to help us identify the problem. This generally would include
the Amber version, the machine or OS you are using, and a description of
what you actually did (not just what your intentions were). Please include
the *exact* error message, if there was one.

When responding to messages posters must delete the old four
line footer. It has always been good netiquette to prune footers,
signatures, and other irrelevant content. To prevent multiple messages
a filter has been erected to ignore messages that already contain the
regular expression
^The AMBER Mail Reflector
that is, 'The AMBER Mail Reflector' at the beginning of a line.

This is the four line footer:
(mangled to get past the filter)

If you need to contact the list administrator, please send mail to
owner-amber.scripps.edu.