AMBER: amber98 with amberffc+INSIGHT II

From: a b <asittner.lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:28:58 -0500

hi there , i am using amberffc (amber98FF) with insight II.
when i want to minimize a structure comprised of rna/protein+ligand,
the amber98 FF does not recognize the atoms of the small molecule (ligand). i.e., when i try to assign the potential using FF->potentials, it works fine for the biomolecules, but for the ligand i get the message "could not assign potential type to <name of atom>" for each and every atom in the small molecule.
i tried for simple molecules, for example NH3 etc. (even from the insight library) and it still doesn't work.
does anybody know what should i do?
thanks
t.