RE: AMBER: MD simulation of a DNA decamer

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:07:35 -0800

Dear Thomas,

The original DNA tutorial on the AMBER website was considerably dated and
not successfully updated for newer versions of AMBER. There is now a new,
more comprehensive DNA tutorial in place of the old one. Check
http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorial/.

I'm not sure what is happening with your temperature but you could try doing
constant VOLUME heating (tempi=0, temp0=300) followed by constant pressure
equilibration (tempi=300, temp0=300) this should give you a stable
temperature. The tutorial now uses Langevin dynamics to control the
temperature (new method implemented in AMBER8) but if you just use the weak
coupling algorithm (NTT=1) with the default settings you should get a stable
temperature. Let me know how you get on.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |