AMBER: Resp Problem

From: Vikas Varshney <vikas_var.rediffmail.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2003 15:18:39 -0000

  Dear Amber Users, I am having a problem with using resp. I am trying to get point charges for my cluster of atoms. I got the ESP charges from Gaussian using iop(6/33=2). I ran esp.sh script on my gaussian output file to get esp.dat file as given in the 0README in /amber/src/resp/ directory. When I ran resp by creating an input file and with esp.dat, I got an output file in which there are no numbers but nan(not a number). I do not know why this happened. By cluster have 144 atoms (63 Aluminum and 81 oxygens). When I ran the same thing with smaller cluster 64 atoms, (28 Aluminum and 36 oxygens). I got the charges. Further, for 64 atoms, I am getting some strange charges, -ves on Aluminum and +ve on Oxygen. Is that possible. I will appreciate any kind of help. Many thanks, Regards, Vikas Varshney, Department of Polymer Science University of Akron, OHIO.