RE: AMBER: output frequency

From: Yong Duan <yduan.udel.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:08:21 -0400

It really depends on the events you are interested in.
50, 100, 150, 200 steps are a bit excessive.
I typically save snapshots at ~2ps intervals for 1-10ns simulations.

Here is the reasoning.
Water rotation takes roughly ~1-2ps (at 300K). Unless, you are
interested in monitoring how a few water molecules rotate during the
simulation, ~1-2ps intervals should give you enough detail.
For long simulations (>50ns), I save the trajectories at 10-20ps
intervals.

yong