Re: AMBER: Comparing PE of different conformations

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:57:11 -0400

our low energy conformation
was nearly identical to the nmr one
so I didn't expect differences. you
can't really use the energy of the nmr ones
since there is a lot of variation in the family- ie
the structures are ill-determined in regions
so there is no experimental "structure".

you may have found something lower in energy
that we didn't see, but we have several million
structures and the nmr-like ones are lowest.
however, we didn't minimize structures, that
might help but also might hurt, some basins
minimize more than others. try looking at average
energies from MD if you don't have many snapshots
like in our JCC decoy paper.

carlos