Re: AMBER: Comparing PE of different conformations

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:33:42 -0400

I suggest looking at some of recent publications
on potential energy comparisons, like

Okur, A., Strockbine, B., Hornak, V. and Simmerling, C., 'Using PC Clusters
to Evaluate the Transferability of Molecular Mechanics Force Fields for
Proteins", J. Comput. Chem.,
24:21, 2003.

You should also read our article and subsequent
ones about simulating trp-cage folding before
you get too far with it. I think you are seeing force
field artifacts. Parm98 is not a good choice (nor is
parm94 or 99).

Simmerling, C., Strockbine, B and Roitberg, A., 'All-Atom Structure
Prediction and Folding Simulations of a Stable Protein', J. Am. Chem. Soc,
124:11258, 2002.

Carlos
Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu