Re: AMBER: separate thermostats for different molecules

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:19:02 -0700

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003, Arvid Soederhaell wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to use separate thermostats for different parts
> of a simulation? I have a membrane simulation that runs relatively nice,
> but I have the impression that the lipids are much colder than the
> surrounding water. I have not actually measured the temperature in the
> different parts of the box, but the lipids are terribly well ordered and
> it looks like gel phase, rather than liquid crystaline phase.

As you note, we don't have separate temperature baths. This feature may
reappear in the next release.

You could try the Andersen-type temperature coupling (see the vrand variable).
That should more directly force all parts of the system to be at a particular
temperature.

...good luck...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu