Does Anyone Have a Working MACHINE File for Solaris/SPARC?

From: Chen, Ya <ya.chen.RoswellPark.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:30:53 -0400

Hi, fellow Amber users,

I have been trying to compile Amber7 on a Solaris9/SPARC(ultrasparc) with the latest SunONE compilers.
After I changed cc to cc-5.0, which enables successful compiling of ptraj, the file Machine.sparc works until leap/xleap. Leap/xleap is just too stubborn to compile for either Sun compilers or gcc/g77. The compiled sander is slower than expected though. As Sun provides a performance library, including LAPACK/BLAS, I wonder if anyone has tried to link to those libs. I made some setenv changes but they didn't work. I'll be grateful if you could send me your MACHINE file.

Regards,
Ya Chen

P.S.
Error messages when compiling leap:

> cd leap
> ls
0NEWUSER Bugs Makefile pixmap tleap xleap
0README Imakefile newzmatpdb.csh src TODO
> make
making in ./src/Wc...
rm -f MapAg.o
cc -c -O -Xc -xF -xarch=v8 -I.. -I/usr/openwin/include -Dsun -Dsparc -DSVR4 -DSYSV -DSUNOS_PRINTF -DXAPPDIR=\"/usr/openwin/lib/X11/app-defaults\" -DWCL_ERRORDB=\"/usr/openwin/lib/X11/WclErrorDB\" MapAg.c
ucbcc: Warning: Option -YP,:/usr/ucblib:/export/home/opt/SUNWspro/prod/bin/../lib:/export/home/opt/SUNWspro/prod/bin:/usr/ccs/lib:/usr/lib passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
ucbcc: Warning: "-Xc" redefines compatibility mode from "SunC transition" to "strict ANSI"
No -fbe arg to Yabe
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `MapAg.o'
Current working directory /home/chen/md/amber7/src/leap/src/Wc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'