upper limited of memory for nmode

From: wentaofu <wentaofu.uic.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 19:06:06 -0500

Dear Amber user;

I would like to do nmode for a system about 4000 atoms too. I was asked for
about 270,000,000 words by nmode. We only have a system with 1G memory. Can
I use swap memory(about 2.5G) to do that? I tried to recompile nmode using
280,000,000 words. But, the amber said "array too large". Is there a upper
limited for how many words you have to use in nmode?

Thanks,

Wentao Fu
Ctr for Pharm Biotech
UIC