RE: Why the NMA discrepancies?

From: Yong Duan <yduan.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:46:57 -0500

Dear Andrade:

Can you be more specific?

Could the difference you observed be the consequence of different
solvation environment? The reason for using RESP charges is that they
mimic condensed phase electrostatics, rather than typical gas phase. I
would anticipate difference if your QM NMA is done in gas phase.
Nevertheless, I would be interested in knowing the detail of your
comparison.

yong