Re: three digits in the charges of extPDB

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:21:39 -0800

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003, Giulio Rastelli wrote:

> by setting pdbwritecharges on in xleap, the SavePdb command places aminoacid
> charges in the fourth culumn of the pdb file. Since the AA library in amber7
> has 4 digits for the charges, I was wondering if it is possible to modify
> the code to let SavePdb write charges with three digits instead of two. Any
> help on where to modify the format for writing in the leap source files?

Sure, look for "case PDB_ATOM" in pdb_write.c, and change the format
for the temp. factor column (which is where the charges are stored).
Note that there are only 6 columns allocated for this in the pdb standard,
so you will have to do some work to get 4 digits in there...

...regards...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu