install amber7 on Linux (fwd)

From: <amber.heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:13:40 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:08:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Wen Li <liw.wadsworth.org>
To: amber.heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu
Subject: install amber7 on Linux

Hello,

Our group recently purchased Amber 7, and we are trying to install
the program on our Beowulf Linux cluster which has 32 processors, 16
notes and used PG compiler. The steps for the installation in the
file INSTALL were exactly followed (uncompress files, set environment
variable for amber7; ln -s -f Machines/Machine.g77 MACHINE and then
make install)

When these steps were followed, the installation showed the error
message: make[1]: *** [molsurf] Error 1 and make: *** [install] Error 2

Could anyone provide a detailed instruction for the installation?

In addition, does PBS have to be used for a script job running file?

Thanks!

Wen Li
Wadsworth Center
Albany, New York