Re: question about ligand

From: Lishan Yao <yaolisha_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Sat 1 Feb 2003 21:24:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi:
   I changed the ligand atoms names in 'pdb' file to the names in prep file.
But it doesn't work. Once LEaP reads revised 'pdb' file, it is just crashed
automatically. This is the information I get.

yaolisha_at_mcbisgi [48] xleap -f leaprc.ff94
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/prep to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/lib to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/parm to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/cmd to search path.
-f: Source leaprc.ff94.
!FATAL ERROR----------------------------------------
!FATAL: In file [atom.c], line 443
!FATAL: Message: bondAtomProblem found
!
!ABORTING.

   Actually, before I revise the 'pdb' file, at least LEaP works fine even
though it complains about the atom names of the ligand and MG. At the
biginning, I tried to fix this problem by using 'edit' in xleap program and
change atom types and charges one by one. And the number of error messages
decreases one when I change one of them. But I don't know whether that's
the right way to fix the problem, and also that's time consuming.
   When I look at the ligand prep file,comparing with 'pdb' file, atom names
are changed from some strange names like 'O1G','O1B', to some ordinary name
like 'O1' and 'O2' (I use guassian output to create the prep file).
   So I don't know what should I do?
Sincerely

Lishan Yao
Lishan Yao