UCSF Network changes to affect Amber Web site.

From: <caldwell_at_heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri 17 Jan 2003 11:41:19 -0800 (PST)

Due to network rearrangement and enhanced security changes
the amber web site may not be reachable for the next 10-14
days. The network change taked place this Saturday but we only
found out that certian bureaucratic forms needed to be
filed yesterday (which take the abovementioned 10-14 days
to be processed).

The issue is that we have been on our own special subnet
but now are migrating to the campus backbone as part of
the move of many of the basic science labs to the new
Mission Bay UCSF Campus. By default the University blocks
port 80 (HTML) traffic unless the hostmaster requests unblocking
and passes their security evaluation.

Sorry for the inconveinence.

jim

James W. Caldwell                         (voice) 415-476-8603
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry    (fax)   415-502-1411
Mail Stop 0446                            (email) caldwell_at_heimdal.ucsf.edu
513 Parnassus Avenue
University of California
San Francisco, CA 94143-0446
Starting Feb 11, 2003: