Re: solvatecap

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 14:29:43 -0800

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003, GUILLERMINA L ESTIU wrote:

> I am trying to run a MD calculation using the watercap option When I finally
> got everything to work, I have received an error message in the output that
> seems to indicate that I have to rebuild the crd and top files placing the
> moving atoms in the beginning. Is it possible?
>
> This is the message in the output

> ----- READING GROUP 1; TITLE:
> belly residuos que se mueven
> GRP 1 RES 800 TO 9411
> Number of atoms in this group = 35447
> ----- END OF GROUP READ -----
> When igb>0, the moving part must be at the
> start of the molecule. This does not seem
> to be the case here.
> natbel,i,igroup(i) = 35447 35448 1

In the first place, you should not be using generalized Born (implicit
solvent) in combination with a solvent cap (explicit solvent). You need
to choose one or the other. It sounds like you want to set igb=0, then
the belly can be whatever you want.

If you *are* interested in belly + GB, see:

   http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/Questions/mail/100.html

..hope this helps...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu