Re: message during minimization

From: darden <darden_at_gamera.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Wed 18 Dec 2002 19:32:21 -0500 (EST)

Dear Iona
I'll guess that your problem is that you have too few atoms per processor.
A 20A water box has probably 1000 or less atoms. That makes
less than 10 atoms per processor. Unfortunately sander e.g. pme sander
may have somewhere some hidden assumptions about system size. Thus rather
than recognize its in trouble with some aspect of the simulation, it
simply dies. PME should I think be fine with that many processors,
although with more atoms.
Hope this helps
Tom Darden