Re: MPI_BCAST error

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Wed 18 Dec 2002 13:24:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have not encountered that message.
It generally indicates that a receive buffer is too small.
Since mpi_bcast produces the error and since the problem is
sporadic, the cause is probably a dangling pointer, which in Fortran
means an out of bounds array index or some other type of corrupted memory.

One approach to finding the problem is to build gibbs with the
compiler's automatic array bounds checking, stack checking,
etc. turned on.

Scott Brozell, Ph.D. | e-mail: sbrozell_at_scripps.edu
Dept. of Molecular Biology, TPC15 | fax: +1-858-784-8896
The Scripps Research Institute | phone: +1-858-784-8754
10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd. | home page:
La Jolla CA 92037 USA | http://www.scripps.edu/~sbrozell