Re: freeware for RNA modeling on Linux (fwd)

From: Joerg-Gerald Siebers <siebers_at_rtc.riken.go.jp>
Date: Tue 17 Dec 2002 11:43:05 +0900

Dear all:

I am writing on a paper regarding Non-Boltzmann MC sampling of
protein-DNA
interactions. I have used parts of the AMBER4.1 source code reagrding
the
energy calculation. I modified (simplified) it for my needs. I did not
care
about any kind of permission. For this, I apologies. Among scientiest I
thought this is OK.

Writing up the paper I feel I should do something about this matter.
Suggestion:
I make a tar-ball of all stuff I used for the program and send it to
someone you appoint - or to several people.

As long as "my" stuff is not published I would assume that stuff
proprietary
(if it's worth anything). Afterwards you could include it in your
collection
of programs if you want to or just trash it.

If you have a better suggestion I am all ears.

Best wishes
Joerg-Gerald Siebers

"David A. Case" wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002, amber_at_heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know a good freeware (or cheap software --academic use) for RNA
> > modeling. I have an RNA stem and I would like to attach a loop to it.
>
> You could see if Nucleic Acid Builder (NAB) would meet your needs. Info
> at the web site below.
>
> ..dac

> David A. Case | e-mail: case_at_scripps.edu
> Dept. of Molecular Biology, TPC15 | fax: +1-858-784-8896
> The Scripps Research Institute | phone: +1-858-784-9768
> 10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd. | home page:
> La Jolla CA 92037 USA | http://www.scripps.edu/case

Dr. J.G. Siebers
RIKEN Tsukuba Institute,
3-1-1, Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan,
email: siebers_at_rtc.riken.go.jp