restarting simulation

From: Marcela Madrid <mmadrid_at_psc.edu>
Date: Fri 22 Nov 2002 15:06:42 -0500

Hi

I am sorry I have another question today...
But I have a restart file. I want to use this
file to start a new simulation with a different
random number. I used ptraj to read the restart file
and write an inpcrd file that has the box information
at the end. However when I try to use this file
for MD with ntx=1, irest=0
I get a format error.

I get the same error message if I try using carnal
and adding the box parameters after
&ewald.

I would like to learn how to do this, sorry for the questions.
thanks, Marcela

    When you use ptraj to create inpcrd, have you looked at the velocity
section and see if they're all zero? I wonder why you'll need to create
another inpcrd. And for restarting, irest should be set to 1 not zero.

--
Guanglei Cui <cuigl_at_morita.chem.sunysb.edu>
SUNY at Stony Brook