Re: FEP - ligand to nothing (or water)??

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Tue 29 Oct 2002 06:24:47 -0800

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002, Aldo Jongejan wrote:

> DETERMINANT IS ZERO IN CENMAS ... STOP
>
> INPUT INCONSISTENT IN SUBR. CENMAS
>
> I suspect this has something to do with the fact I let
> the force constants go to zero? I don't perform any
> bond-shrinkage.

So do I...you probably do not want to set force constants to zero in the
perturbed state...you mainly need to remove their interactions with the
environment.

What you are trying to do *is* hard...be sure you feel comfortable with
simpler free energy changes first, and understand the concept of always
using cycles, etc.

..good luck...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu