Re: SHAKE problem

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratulka_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed 9 Oct 2002 06:39:55 -0700 (PDT)

As the error message points out SHAKE failure
may be because of a bigger problem. Try and
minimize the system a little longer. What is the
final RMS for gradient you got during minimization?
I have a feeling that 5000 steps might not be enough
(specially if you have a big system).

I would definitely leave SHAKE on, many 3-point water
models (like TIP3P) require fixed lengths.