Re: xleap on a SGI Fuel

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Mon 7 Oct 2002 19:50:33 -0700

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002, Giulio Rastelli wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody else has problems in running xleap on a SGI
> Fuel.
> In my case, running xleap crashes the machine (Fuel R14000, Irix
> 6.5.17).
> Almost certainly, this is a bug in the IRIX operating system (hopefully
> not
> a Fuel problem but I'm not so sure:-), but may be somebody is aware of a
> possible solution.

My guess is that it is actually a bug in xleap, not the OS.
I'll bet you need to compile xleap with -n32 rather than -64 as the
compiler option (-64 might be the default on this machine.)

I'm not sure what is the easiest way to do this...You probaly need to find
out where your default Imake configuration file is (run xmkmf with no
arguments, and see what directory it is looking in), and either change
the "-64" argument somewhere to "-n32"; or you may have to add "-n32"
to the cc command itself.

Sorry I can't be more specific right now...maybe someone else on the list
has solved this problem?

...good luck...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu