compiling SGI/mpi

From: Ioana Cozmuta <ioana_at_nas.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu 3 Oct 2002 18:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to compile Amber7 on an SGI machine/cluster. If I use the
Machine.sgi_nopar the software compiles without errors.
However if I try to compile it for parallel use (Machine.sgi_mpi) I get
the following error message:

        mv addles ../../exe
        cd sander; make install
        ../Compile L3 -P -DDPREC ew_force.f cat ew_force.f | /lib/cpp -P
-DDPREC -DIRIS -DMEM_ALLOC -DHAS_FTN_ERFC -DMPI -DRLE -DROWAT -DBLAS1
-DSGIFFT -DTFP -DCACHE_BLOCKSIZE=2500 > _ew_force_.f
cpp: error 55: Can't find include file mpif.h
cpp: error 851: Can't find include file mpif.h
cpp: error 1105: Can't find include file mpif.h
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

I looked into the src/Machines/mpi/ directory and the mpif.h file
is there. So unless the error above is not related to the location of this
file... I do not know what is going wrong.

If you may know what is causing this or can advise what to do to correct
this error, please help.

Thank you,
Ioana

1. For the rest I followed all the steps recommended into the installation
procedure