Re: restart without velocities

From: Sanjeev B.S. <sanjeev_at_mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Wed 2 Oct 2002 13:14:57 +0530 (IST)

You cannot extract velocities from coordinate files.

If you have velocities and coordinates, you might consider clubbing them
to generate a restart file. The difference would be error at a certain
decimal level, and trajectory, apparently, should (and will) be different.
But, presumably, not the equilibrium properties.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
-Sanjeev