Amber Reflector

From: James W. Caldwell <caldwell_at_heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu 26 Sep 2002 10:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

Since there are many new users let me re-state the protcol for
asking about "Amber doesn't run" type questions:

1. The version of Amber you have (7 is the current and supported, others
    you can ask but don't hold your breath for a response)
  a. The machine type you are using
  b. The Machine file you used to compile Amber.

2. The module that is giving problems (sander, leap, carnal, etc.)

3. A brief description of the system (Solvated, Gas Phase, DNA,
    Protein, etc).

4. Relevant files (summarized if more than 10-20 lines, no one likes
    to receive multi megabyte outputs to look at)

5. THE ERROR MESSAGE!

Remember, the Amber list has a lot of very smart people on it
but to the best of my knowledge No Mindreaders.

thanks,
jim

James W. Caldwell                         (voice) 415-476-8603
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry    (fax)   415-502-1411
Mail Stop 0446                            (email) caldwell_at_heimdal.ucsf.edu
513 Parnassus Avenue
University of California
San Francisco, CA 94143-0446