RE: compiling without ISTAR2

From: Ross Walker <r.c.walker_at_ic.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 19 Sep 2002 18:50:49 +0100

Dear Prem Raj,

You need to modify the machine file ./amber/src/MACHINE which should be
a symbolic link to the machine file that is relevant to your system, e.g
Machine.g77.

In this file you should find a line similar to:

Setenv MACHINEFLAGS "-DISTAR2 -DREGNML -DMPI"

Simply change the "-DISTAR2" to "-DISTAR4" which will change the
relevant integers from 16 bits to 32 bits which should be good for 2^31
atoms. Plenty :-)

You then need to recompile by running "make install" within the amber
src directory.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Imperial College of Science, Technology & Medicine |
| Department of Chemistry | Theoretical Division |
| Tel:- +44 20 759(45851) |
| EMail:- http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ |
| PGP Key available on request |