Re: Strange MD simulation results with GB solvation at high temp.

From: Soonmin Jang <sjang_at_protege.snu.ac.kr>
Date: Fri 13 Sep 2002 14:21:32 +0900 (KST)

I runned again with large cutoff (999.0 !) and the results are essentially
same. Still I see sudden temperature/potential energy fluctuation.
As I have mentioned in previous mail, the potential energy distribution
is not Boltzman anymore after this.

Please take a look my web page for more detailed graph if interested.

http://protege.snu.ac.kr/research/temp-met.pd
http://protege.snu.ac.kr/research/ene-met.pdf

David mentioned that there could be statistical artifact in this small
system. I agree with that but this is not so small system I guess.
Even though the system is small, there sould be consitant fluctuation
of the temperatre/enregy NOT sudden jump from small to large fluctuation.

I have not observed this kind of behavior in vacuume(the same system
with same temperature).
If you watch my input carefully, you will noticed that I am not using
periodic box condition (i.e. ntb=0).

Thank you.

Soonmin