RE: Vanderbilt Biomolecular Modeling Symposium

From: Douglas Kojetin <djkojeti_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri 30 Aug 2002 15:22:19 -0400

Dr. Smith-

My name is Doug Kojetin, and I am a graduate student in the Department
of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry at North Carolina State
University in the laboratory of Dr. John Cavanagh. I received your
announcement for the Vanderbilt Biomolecular Modeling Symposium via the
AMBER mailing list and have a question about the poster session. Most
of the entries appear to be theoretical in nature, whereas the subject
of my potential poster is more biochemical/structural. We used homology
modeling to compare two sets of highly related proteins (30 in total).

I wanted to inquire as to whether this would be a proper topic for the
symposium. The title of my poster would be "Aspects of molecular
recognition in two-component signal transduction: The role of a-helix 1
in response regulators".

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to attending the
symposium.

Doug Kojetin
djkojeti_at_unity.ncsu.edu