Re: Scaling of Sander on Linux Clusters (fwd)

From: Sanjeev B.S. <sanjeev_at_mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Tue 27 Aug 2002 14:26:15 +0530 (IST)

>The problem of network vs cpu is well known and documented but i think in
>the case of sander in explicit water (PME on)

But benchmarks on amber7 at amber site (though not available for high
clock speed linux) shows good scaling, at least for 1.2GHZ AMD! It is
confusing, indeed. Some benchmarking attempt has resulted equal speeds on
1.6GHz and 1GHz 4 processors giving very similar numbers. Looks like it is
x86 based systems with higher clock speeds which are at disadvantage, I am
not sure.