Amber+Mosix

From: Jianhui Wu <wujih_at_BRI.NRC.CA>
Date: Wed 7 Aug 2002 16:40:15 -0400

Dear Amber users,

Do some people run Amber job on linux cluster with Mosix? As Mosix can
migrate the job to other faster nodes automatically, it is quite
convinience to use. You submit the job in one node and get the result
without worrying (or even knowing) which nodes do the job.

The thing worry me is that perhaps the migrations will make the
interconnect latency issue more severe. Am I right? Do you use Amber with
Mosix nodes? Are you happy with the performance in term of scalability?

Thanks,

Jian Hui Wu
Lady Davis Institute
Montreal, QC