RE: AM1-BCC sensitivity to AM1 charges

From: <ajakalian_at_lav.Boehringer-Ingelheim.com>
Date: Tue 30 Jul 2002 14:28:25 -0400

Matt,

The AM1-BCC method was parameterized using AM1 charges from geom. optimized
molecules using the EF keyword in Mopac6. Therefore, in order to obtain
"correct" AM1-BCC charges, the BCC parameters should be used with geom.
optimized AM1 charges.

Also, these structures should not contain any intra-molecular H-bonds
because that will affect the AM1 charges.

I hope this helps,

Araz
Araz Jakalian, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Structural Research Group
Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd.
Research and Development
2100 Rue Cunard
Laval, Quebec, H7S 2G5, Canada
Phone: (450) 682-4640 Fax: (450) 682-4189
E-mail: ajakalian_at_lav.boehringer-ingelheim.com