RE: Water molecule numbering

From: Masaki Tomimoto <masaki_at_stromix.com>
Date: Thu 25 Jul 2002 17:32:19 -0700

hi,

  Yes, Amber7 leap. Still I had the problem, but I figured out a bit.
  If I do not use "solvatecap" command in leap, the numbering was hold.
  However, when I use the command to add water molecules with keeping
  crystal waters, strange things happened. If a protein had 10 crystal
  waters which are numbered from 200 to 209, and if 500 water molecules
  are added the command, the additional water molecules surely gets
  210 to 509 as their residue number. At the same time, the 10 crystal
  waters are renumbered automatically within the range, say 200 -> 205,
  210 -> 201, 203 -> 208, etc. It seems to be random, but numbering range
  is kept. I strongly hope that there is a clue to avoid this.

Masaki Tomimoto