about solvateOct

From: Nikolai Smolin <smolin_at_steak.chemie.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Fri 19 Jul 2002 10:22:20 +0200

Dear AMBER users:

I have question about solvateOct command
in Leap and I used AMBER 6,0.
I did not understand what means 'iso' option in this command.
If I want to use in my simulation PME is it necessary to use
this option for preparation my box or not?
I tried with this option and without . And I recieved different number
atoms in my system:

alignAxes protein
solvateOct protein WATBOX216 12,0 iso 0,75 in this case 28223 atoms
in box

alignAxes protein
solvateOct protein WATBOX216 12,0 iso 0,75 in this case 19748 atoms
in box

What I made wrong?
Or it is correct?
What way for preparation box with less number of particles perfect?

Tnaks in advance!!

--
Dipl.-Phys. Nikolai Smolin
Physikalische Chemie I