Re: How to decrease the solvated system in Amber6?

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Tue 2 Jul 2002 04:38:50 -0700

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002, Ling Zhang wrote:

> I tried to decrease my solvated system by using a trucated octahedral
> box in Leap of Amber6. But the result is still not satifactory. Could
> you give me some suggestions in decreaseing the system without
> affecting the quality of the simulation? Thanks a lot.

Without knowing how big your box was, or what was "not satisfactory", it
is hard to give much advice. Here is the LEaP command I usually use:

solvateOct x WATBOX216 12.0 0.75

You could compare that to what you use. Note that I have never simulated
something as large as a 900 residue protein in water (nor have many other
people, I imagine): you are trying something rather difficult, and should
expect things to require lots of computer time and patience.

..hope this helps...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu