Re: LIMIN Faliure/Energies per residue for B-DNA etc.

From: darden <darden_at_gamera.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Thu 31 Jan 2002 16:11:19 -0500 (EST)

Sorry I can't help much with anal. As far as pme goes there have been some
problems with minimization failing or stalling. One of these had to do
with the nonbond list update somehow messing up conjugate gradient
minimization. Usually a subtle effect that happens after awhile. The
details of pme were designed around MD with little or no attention to
minimization, so hopefully your md experiences will be better. I think the
upcoming release of amber7 will offer a better pme/minimization module. At
least the nonbond update/conjugate gradient bug has been addressed (am I
right Dave and Mike (DAC & MFC))??
 Tom Darden