Re: minimising WATBOX216

From: Michael G Cooney <chemgc_at_panther.Gsu.EDU>
Date: Tue 15 Jan 2002 16:38:58 -0500 (EST)

I always minimize and, in some cases, carry out MD on the solvent only, in
order to relax the solvent fully. Although the water box itself is
pre-equilibrated, bad contacts are still possible with the solute. A
procedure called simulated annealing is often done to randomize the water
positions before beginning dynamics. This is explained on the AMBER web
site, http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/ under tutorials.
Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Michael G. Cooney, Postdoctoral Associate
Dept. of Chemistry
Georgia State University
Atlanta, GA 30303