Re: dG of wild type/mutant

From: Lepsa <lepsik_at_marilyn.uochb.cas.cz>
Date: Wed 19 Dec 2001 15:43:25 +0100

Dear Francois,
I am afraid you have to go for a nanosecond-long dynamics in explicit
solvent if you want to obtain a change in fold of the enzyme upon mutation.
As for dG, you also have to run MD and then post-process it by MM-PBSA, for
example or run even more computationally demanding thermodynamic integration
or free energy perturbation.

Cheer up!! The results will pay off! (Ca vaut la peine!!)

Regards,

     Martin Lepsik