Re: MD of DNA

From: Michael G Cooney <chemgc_at_panther.Gsu.EDU>
Date: Thu 6 Dec 2001 16:05:14 -0500 (EST)

Yes, I do notice this in my MD simulations of DNA. It is probably related
to the force constants in the out-of-plane (improper) torsion terms of the
force field, but if one takes an average MD structure these deviations
should cancel out. Also, any MD structure probably needs to be
energy-minimized before further calculations, and this also should restore
base planarity.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Michael G. Cooney